Vanuatu Situation Report – Issued 10 March Covering 8 to 9 March 2022
- On 04 March 2022, an active COVID-19 case was confirmed at Vila Central Hospital, indicating transmission at community level.
- As of 07 March 2022, Efate and Offshore Islands have moved to Alert Level 3 (Very High) large scale community transmission. All provinces of Vanuatu are now on Alert Level 3 given reports of cases or movement of contact of cases in the six provinces of Vanuatu.
- A total of 157 confirmed cases have been reported since the beginning of 2022.
- 59 new confirmed cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, 56 on Efate island, Shefa province and 3 on Santo island, Sanma province. No deaths reported
- Everyone is urged to refer only to official information sources and to avoid spreading misinformation and rumours. Further information and updates are made available by the Ministry of Health on the dedicated COVID-19 website at www.covid19.gov.vu, the Health Promotion Unit Facebook page, and by calling the Health Information Hotline on 119