SUMMARY AND DISEASE BURDEN
- On 04 March 2022, an active COVID-19 case was confirmed at Vila Central Hospital who had no travel history, indicating transmission at community level.
- On 07 March 2022, Efate and Offshore Islands moved to Alert Level 3: Very High, due to large-scale community transmission. All provinces of Vanuatu are on Alert Level 3 given reports of cases or movement of contacts of cases in the six provinces of Vanuatu.
- A total of 1,963 confirmed cases have been reported since the beginning of 2022.
- 263 new confirmed cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, including 243 on Efate island (Shefa province) and 20 on Santo island (Sanma province).
- There are currently 4 people hospitalised of whom 2 are in critical condition.
- Everyone is urged to refer only to official information sources and to avoid spreading misinformation and rumours. Further information and updates are made available by the Ministry of Health on the dedicated COVID-19 website at www.covid19.gov.vu, the Health Promotion Unit Facebook page, and by calling the Health Information Hotline on 119.