The Ministry of Health today another new deaths linked to COVID-19 bringing the total number of deaths to date to seven (7) deaths.
The person is an 81-year-old man with underlying conditions. The death occurred several days ago but has recently been confirmed to be due to COVID-19 infection. He was fully vaccinated.
High-risk populations, and in particular people with underlying health conditions continue to be prioritized for COVID-19 vaccines by the Ministry of Health. COVID-19 can be a deadly disease, especially for people with existing underlying health conditions who are at risk of getting severely ill, being hospitalised, and in some cases, death.
Also they are encouraged to seek medical care as soon as possible if experience any COVID-19 symptoms.
The Ministry of Health reminds the Population of the importance of being vaccinated against the COVID-18 virus as soon as possible.
Additionally, members of the public are reminded to follow all of of the recommended all the measure such as;
- Limiting contact with other people;
- Keeping distance if you go out – 1 meters apart where possible;
- Washing your hands regularly
- Wearing a face covering when you are in enclosed spaces where it’s difficult to be socially distant - for example in some shops and on public transport;
- and if you or anyone in your household has symptoms, you all need to self-isolate or go to the community isolation centre
More information about the coronavirus situation in Vanuatu can be found on www.covid-19, Vanuatu Health Promotions face book page and COVID-19 free information line 119.
Contact details: Dorinda Bule, Communications Officer, Department of Public Health, Tel: +678 563 6472