Vanuatu Situation Report – Issued 24 April Covering 23 to 24 April 2022
SUMMARY AND DISEASE BURDEN
- On 04 March 2022, an active COVID-19 case was confirmed at Vila Central Hospital who had no travel history, indicating transmission at community level.
- As of 22 April 2022, Shefa have moved to Recovery level 2 and Sanma, Torba province and Pentecost are at Alert Level 3 (Very High) due to large-scale community transmission. The other two provinces of Vanuatu are at Alert Level 1 (Medium Risk) due to the risk of importation of COVID-19
- A total of 6860 confirmed cases have been reported since the beginning of 2022.
- 5 new confirmed cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, including 1 on Efate island (Shefa province), 3 on Santo island (Sanma province), 1 in Pentecost (Penama Province) and zero cases in Torres Islands (Torba Province).
- Currently, there are 5 cases hospitalized directly due to COVID-19 infection, 4 in shefa province and 1 in Sanma province, all in stable condition.
- There have been unverified reports of cases in Tafea Province; provincial teams have been deployed to investigate.
- A new death has been reported on April 23rd. The deceased person was a 50 years-old female, unvaccinated with underlying conditions.